Re: [SLUG] New Job on Slug Job Page

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 11:02:15 EDT

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 08:39, Ryland Bingham wrote:
> I wanted to let everyone know that my company is looking to replace me
> when I change jobs in a couple weeks. I promised I'd help look for a
> good candidate. I couldn't think of a better pool of talent than the
> folks on this list. Check out the details at:
>
> http://www.suncoastlug.org/jobs.html
>
> E-mail is the best way to get a hold of me, as I'll be out of the office
> for a couple days.

As intriguing as the Flex/ES mainframe emulation piece of that is to me (and
Linux integration!), or the fun I've had with Hercules and Linux/S390, I
don't think I could ever swallow supporting a Sco box again as part of a
full-time job. Ever.

Not that I wouldn't migrate Sco boxes *to* Linux boxes, but building and
supporting Sco boxes assaults my very being.

This is as much a hatred of Sco Unixware as an OS as it is a stand against
everything Sco is currently doing to the Linux community with its frivilous
lawsuit.

Color me jaded.

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>