[SLUG] Java programming internships

From: Josh Tiner (jtiner@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 20:57:09 EDT

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you guys knew of some companies in the Tampa
Bay area that might could use a Java programming intern. I am on my last
leg of college (I will have graduated this time next year with a AS in
Programming) and would like to start getting my feet wet with some "real
world" stuff and other professional developers. It doesn't necessarily
have to be a paid internship, I'm pretty much taken care of in that
regard, although a few bucks wouldn't hurt.

I really enjoy writing Java code and hope to make a career out of it
someday...but like a whole lot of other people in this "doom and gloom"
economy I just don't know if that is going to work out. A lot of people
these days are graduating and winding up going to blue collar jobs,
skill-less jobs, and there are even some people with degrees running
around out there bussing tables even after graduation!

So if there are any SLUG'gers out there that might know a company (or
someone within a company) that could toss me a line that would be
awesome!

Regards,
-jtiner