Re: [SLUG] Groupware software.

From: VT (vt1@gte.net)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 21:07:01 EDT

At 05:55 PM 6/11/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of decent Groupware package that can do the following:
>
>1: The Groupware server that can run on the Linux platform.
>2: The client must be a thick type client that can run on Windows or
>Linux. A web based version would be ok so long as it's not cumbersome.
>3: Calendaring and Scheduling.
>4: Contacts.
>5: Transfer existing contacts from Outlook clients into the new Groupware
>system.
>
>I would prefer this to be opensource but would be willing to pay for a
>proprietary version.
>
>Thanks,
>Brett

Have you seen SuSE's openExchange Server? It's not open source, but over
all it's a hella'va lot cheaper than Exchange.

SuSE actually developed it to migrate from Exchange 5.5. It has an
editable web piece that's compatible with most
web browsers and has the ability to synchronize with Outlook and Palm
systems as well.

http://www.suse.de/en/business/products/suse_business/openexchange/

I haven't used it myself, but I've been reading about it for awhile now.

VT