[SLUG] LPRng+ Epson C80 + Epson's new Pips Drivers

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 09:46:52 EDT

Has anyone gotten this to work? It would have been great if Epson came
out with a CUPS spooler version for the C80, but they didn't. I keep
getting the error message when trying to print:
"lpr: unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable", but the
lpd and ekpd daemons are on, and I have edited my /etc/printcap thusly:

sc80s:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/sc80s:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:\
        :if=/usr/local/EPKowa/SC80S/filter-sc80s:\
# pips-sc80s end

Thanks for any ideas. Throwing my printer out the window is not an
option... :)