Re: [SLUG] K3B: why do hate me?

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 15:48:00 EDT

On Friday, June 13, 2003 at 11:41AM -0700, Steven Buehler wrote:

> --- Eric Jahn <eric@ejahn.net> wrote:
> > I used to use xcdroast for cd-burning, but I'm
> > trying out K3B now. One
> > thing that I can't get to work that worked fine in
> > xcdroast was passing
> > parameters to mkisofs that allowed really freaking
> > long file names.
> > What trickery/options toggling does this involve in
> > K3B? I've tried
> > generating Rock Ridge extensions and "allowing
> > untranslated filenames"
> > but it keeps on shortening my filenames.
>
> "Freaking long file names" is supported with the
> JOLIET extensions to the ISO9660 spec.

[ Nitpick ]

JOLIET is a MS Non-standard, from what I know.
Rock Ridge provides the same-thing, but also
include UNIX file permissions (I think...)

That said, I usually burn CD's with rock ridge if I'm going
to use them on a linux box, and joliet if I'm going to use them
on a windows box. You can use both, too. doesn't seem to cause any harm.

--
When a camel flies, no one laughs if it doesn't get very far!
-