Re: [SLUG] Cups Stairstep Printing

From: Matt Miller (Matt.Miller@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 11:46:54 EDT

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 11:14, Bradley Brown wrote:
> Howdy All,
> I know this is probably a no brainer for some but I'm having a difficult
> time getting cups to print properly.
> I'm getting stairstep print when I attempt to run anything to an HP
> LaserJet 1100 connected via HP JetDirect 170x. I also have a Tally 2155
> connected to the network via an Axis 540+ print server that does the same
> thing. I'm running cups version 1.1.14-15 on RedHat 7.2.
> I have a Unix server that prints to the same printers using Sys V
> interfaces without problem. I've tried using the same interfaces with cups
> but with no luck. I've also tried using the ppd filters that come with cups
> but I get the same type of problem.
> I've checked out google and linuxprinting.org and tried a few things but
> nothing has worked thus far.
> I would greatly appreciate any input any of you may have.

Have you tried the foomatic printer/driver database and print system,
yet? I use these drivers in conjunction with CUPS on a variety of HP
printers which works great for me.

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=foomatic*

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. -- Nietzsche