Re: [SLUG] Just how much security does chroot'ing services give you? Real world examples?

From: Brad Smith (brad_stephenssmith@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 15:08:53 EDT

Thanks to all who responded for the excellent advice, I was actually thinking that (that there
would be nothing for the daemon process to 'drop to') initially, but some of the exploits I read
about (in particular a sendmail bug that provided whoever exploited it with a shell, I assumed as
the result of the daemon crashing) had given me a different impression. I should have researched
my assumptions before posting. =:)

Thanks again!
--Brad