[SLUG] syslinux, linuxbbc, and gentoo

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 18:40:58 EDT

Speaking of Bootable Business Cards... Gentoo seems to
use the same technology to boot it's livecd. I have
an old IBM PC350 (newest version bios I could find)
and a CDROM that is recognized and will boot Win98
cd... Well, it just won't boot the livecd, or any
linux disk for that matter.

What I'd like to know is this:

Is it possible to boot the machine from a floppy to
some level and then boot the kernel off the gentoo
livecd so that I can continue with the install like
normal. I've checked the Gentoo website: they
recommend using Tom's rescure disk, but for the latest
version the chroot into livecd complains that the boot
kernel from Tom's is too old.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob