Re: [SLUG] new fork zynot.org

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 10:53:45 EDT

Ugh...I new this was coming. Anyone reading the Gentoo web pages could
note the implicit weirdness of politics at Gentoo. I hope Gentoo can
get their non-profit wing quickly established, but this fork was
inevitable. I bet Daniel Robbins contributed to and left another distro
like Debian for similar reasons Zachary Welch is now leaving Gentoo. I
think all of this is good for linux, though...more choices, more open
competition, and if you can't stand the confusion and chaos of switching
distros, Debian will hopefully always take you back.