Re: [SLUG] Content management systems?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 19:03:07 EDT

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 02:47:00PM -0400, Steven Buehler wrote:

> Does anyone know of a content management system (a la PHP-Nuke or something
> similar) that DOES NOT require an SQL database? My hosting provider only
> gives me 1MB for a MySQL database (unless I wanna pay for more) and I'm
> looking for a CMS that either does flat text or XML databases so I don't have
> a space issue.
>
> SWB
> http://sanctuaryweb.org

Do you really need a CMS? I do the SLUG site with a homebrew system
involving make, perl and mp4h, and upload the static pages via rsync. Do
you really think that the MySQL-ized site will swell to 1M? And
considering the massive expansion that XML creates on simple data, I'd
be afraid that XML would quickly put it over the 1M size as well. But
maybe disk space is not such a problem.

Paul