Re: [SLUG] Content management systems?

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 20:01:39 EDT

On Wednesday, July 02, 2003 at 07:03PM -0400, Paul M Foster wrote:
> [snip]
> Do you really need a CMS? I do the SLUG site with a homebrew system
> involving make, perl and mp4h, and upload the static pages via rsync.

What about m4? :)

I was going to use m4, make, sed, awk, and some other utils
to manage my site, and I even have a complicated blog of sorts written
in zsh... Never finnished that project, though.

( I'm still working on making a nice, old-fashioned static site
though, except instead of m4 I'm using ttree, which uses the template
toolkit, which is nice, because I'm also making a 'web application' (I
hate that term) with a custom apache handler and the Template Toolkit.)

--
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you.
This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.