Re: [SLUG] KONCD cdrecord error

From: lnxbrzr (lnxbrzr1@ripnet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 15:57:11 EDT

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:38:09 -0400
Russ Wright <rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Well
>
> It looks like this is a permissions error as I am able to use KONCD just fine
> as root. I'm still not sure what is the problem but I will continue to plug
> along.
>
> Russ
>

> On Saturday 05 July 2003 11:41 am, Russ Wright wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I'm running KONCD. I configured it as root granting the my user account
> > access and all but when I attempt to create a data cd I get the following
> > error message:
> >
> > /usr/bin/cdrecord: No such file or directory. No read access for ''.
> >
> > Uh oh! What does that mean?
> >
> > Regards
> > Russ

    Russ:

    Some cd-writers have problems burning cds as a user however they might
    burn w/o problems as root or su.

         One way to deal with this is to su to root, enter the burner app name
    (KONCD,Xcdroast,Eroaster or whatever and burn away with no problems).

    It has worked for me(several hundred cds)without problems on different
    hardware.

    Anyhow, it is better to SU than to burn as root for obvious security reasons.

    Regards
    David