Re: [SLUG] Getting copies of mail

From: J. David Boyd (jdboyd@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 08:06:13 EDT

On Thursday 10 July 2003 16:54, you wrote:
> I hate to have to ask this but it has become apparent that I have to do
> something about the situation.
> One of our sales reps is "allegedly" divulging trade secrets vie email to
> rival companies and some customers. My higher-ups have asked me to begin
> tracking all of the users email and keep copies of them for review. They
> would also like me to track incoming mail to this user as well. All without
> attracting the attention of the user... of course. :-)

While I can see the necessity of this, I would not want to be the one to have
to do it.

This means that, besides checking on possible trade secret divulgence, you
will be monitoring his personal mail.

I know that, in this time period, everyone should understand that email at
work is not private, but, I would not want to be reading someone's personal
mail about medical or personal problems. Too voyeuristic for me.

Good luck, and I hope you find that he ISN'T divulging any trade secrets, but
that's not usually the way the world turns...

Dave

--
Gnu/Mandrake Linux User

It's most certainly GNU/Linux, not Linux! Read more at http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html or http://www.fsf.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html