Re: [SLUG] cookies

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 23:20:52 EDT

William Coulter wrote:

>Ok, I know where on a winblows to delete the cookies, but where is it in linux. I am using RH 8
>and Mozilla. I am most likley going to write a small script to delete them everytime I logon or
>something like that.

Easy as pie in Mozilleralla... Click "Edit" then "Preferences" then
"Privacy and Security" and you'll see a "Cookies" selection that'll let
you disable or enable cookies in several patterns depending on personal
taste.

For cookies you've already accumulated, from your browser window click
on "Tools" and select "Cookie Manager." From there you can delete all
cookies you already have, no problem.

My advice: Allow cookies from the site you're visiting but not from
other domains. A lot of sites (including OSDN's) now use cookies for
navigation -- and to give you a persistent login. Disable non-domain
cookies and the advertiser ones won't be grabbed, and those are probably
the ones you don't want.

- Robin