Re: [SLUG] need a procmail receipe

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 18:23:00 EDT

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 07:45:22AM -0400, patrick grantham wrote:

> Still have figured our procmail. What would be a good procmail receipe to
> forward all incoming mail address to another email address? What config file
> should it be placed in?

I assume that you don't want _all_ mail to a give address to simply be
forwarded to another address. If that's what you want, you can simply
use a .forward file in the home directory of the user whose mail you
want to forward. In the .forward file, you would put the address to
which you want mail forwarded. Simple. ;-}

Otherwise, you could insert a recipe in your ~/.procmailrc, to wit:

:0
* ^To.*myemail\.address
! someother.address

See the SLUG FAQ page for a light rundown of procmail basics.

Paul