Re: [SLUG] More Help requested!

From: Daniel MacLaren (daniel-slug@creag.org)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 11:06:51 EDT

I believe "Require sixosix" should be "Require user sixosix". The sixosix
user should exist in the file /usr/bin/pass/passwords that you created
with htpasswd. /usr/bin/pass/passwords is an odd location for the password
file, but make sure it is readable by the user/group that apache runs as.

Apache documentation for basic authentication:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html#basic

-Daniel