RE: [SLUG] Cups printing problem

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 07:54:24 EDT

I do have samba set up for print serving, that is how the other 64
workstations print. Win98 is somehow different and I cannot figure out
just where. It sets the printer up ok but it says that it is offline
and I will not be able to print to it until it comes online.

I have each printer listed individually in my smb.conf file rather that
in the printer subsection. I need individual control over printer
access. I guess I could setup another printer with that same ip address
and use the suggestion that steven suggested and see if that works.

All other workstations can print to that printer just fine.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"