[SLUG] Gentoo: Destroying KDE

From: jeremy bowers (ferret@jeremybowers.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 01:25:23 EDT

Folks:

Have decided that KDE is not for me. I would like to uninstall all of the
packages that depend on kdebase, and the packages that likewise depend on
them.

However, the single "uninstall" command, unmerge, seems to do so with
unmerciful precision, one package at a time.

I realize I could emerge -p kdebase and get a good look at all the
programs, but there has to be an easier way ... right?

BTW, I'm stuck between E and Fluxbox as my WM of choice.

--Bowers