Re: [SLUG] I.B.M. Explores Shift of White-Collar Jobs Overseas (lengthy)

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 21:30:37 EDT

> uh... "we" are not shareholders
>
> a few thousand shares doesn't get you the courtesy of those who own
millions
> of shares

Not necessarily true.

I'm sitting here looking at the proxy statement for the company I work for,
AT&T. *ANY* shareowner (whether they have one share or several million) can
present a proposal for shareowner vote. The issue is how much do they want
to lobby it. Truth is very few actually lobby their proposals to the 'big
guns' and thus destine themselves for failure.

With, that, I send this over to slug-politics.

SWB