Re: [SLUG] hyperthreading

From: jeremy bowers (ferret@jeremybowers.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 15:48:49 EDT

Derek:

If the bios won't recognize it, you'll not be hyperthreading. We ran into
a similar problem with a display computer at the Best Buy where I work. We
were sent the display but it had an old bios -- long story short, we were
informed there was NOTHING to be done short of flashing the bios.

It's not a real dual-processor situation, anyway. The two "logical"
processors are a smoke and mirrors game played between the bios and the
chip itself.