Re: [SLUG] SCO's Shell Game

From: Steven Buehler (steven@sanctuaryweb.org)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 21:53:48 EDT

Unfortunately there's a difference between this and Enron: Enron hid most of
the involved assets; SCO made it plain in SEC filings what they were doing
(that appears to be where ComputerWorld got their information from). So, it's
all perfectly legal.

It's also noted that Vultus was majority-owned by Canopy Group, which also has
a major stake in SCO. Holding companies have no qualms about shuffling
around assets (the AECOM engineering conglomerate is a good example).