Re: [SLUG] SCO's Shell Game

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 22:47:54 EDT

On Monday 28 July 2003 21:53, Steven Buehler wrote:
> Unfortunately there's a difference between this and Enron: Enron hid most
> of the involved assets; SCO made it plain in SEC filings what they were
> doing (that appears to be where ComputerWorld got their information from).
> So, it's all perfectly legal.

The filing of false legal suits, news articles, or public announcements for
the purpose of raising or lowering stock prices and then the sale or purchase
of that stock to take advantage of the increase or decrease of share price is
called stock fraud.

If this is done by a member of the company's management or any other person
with non public knowledge of such action it is also insider trading.

Hence not only is this representative of Enron but also of Martha Stewart,
Ivan Boskey, Michael Mulligan and a number of other famous stock manipulators
all of whom have had the pleasure of a government pad nice long vacation in a
rather popular place where the sun don't shine.

If you drought this check with your stock broker and see what they have to
say. Then tell that person the situation then ask them their opinion of
buying the stock.

If you bought the stock you may desire to check with an attorney concerning
suing SCO and Canopy for stock manipulation.

Most suits on manipulation that you read about in the Wall Street Journal are
filed on a lot thinner grounds than this.

Frank