Re: [SLUG] Webserver

From: webguroo@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 11:50:18 EDT

On 28 Jul 2003 at 10:26, Dylan William Hardison wrote:

>I've some experience with Apache... I can probably answer most
questions. What exactly do you mean by 'hardening'?

We currently lease a server and had several security patches installed on it. It is an
older Cobalt Raq4. Sun bought Cobalt and shut down Cobalt so support is getting
shaky. We are looking to buy or lease another box. I don't see Apache as the big
problem, but installing a firewall, honeypot, secure shell, and other programs
required to make the box reasonably secure is a challenge.

Paul Wilson