Re: [SLUG] Palm -> Linux conversion

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 09:03:37 EDT

Hi Eric !

  I noted .. much to my chagrin that there is an
already created "prc" file for the kernel. WHich I
would be more inclined to use in order to save my own
headaches.

  One of the things that the articles I have read dont
mention is the availability or use of applications
that were used for this. The PALM IIIx that was in
one article I read was a nice screen, but did not show
anything but a clock in the X window.. if all I can
get in the thing is a clock.. I might be forced to
leave the silly PALM OS in there. :(

   it shows the kernel is about 580k not sure about
the size of the PALM kernel.. I am going in search of
others who also may have attempted this.. I will let
you know what I find.. this might be a neat project
for the group !

Mark