Re: [SLUG] music without guilt

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 17:50:25 EDT

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Steven Buehler wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 July 2003 02:09 pm, you wrote:
> > Audio CDs are fixed at 224 Kbps. Since you get much lower fidelity, you
> > should pay less. I have a problem with apple making profit when they
> > are doing next to nothing to earn it. I guess we just have to vote with
> > our money...
>
> I think you mean DVD. Audio CD if I remember correctly is 16-bit, 44KHz,

Gotcha so far.

> 128Kbps

I disagree with the math:

[eben@pc eben]$ echo '3k 16 2* 44100* 1024 1024*/p' | dc
1.345

So about 1.3 Mbps, unless my math is off.

SAGITTARIUS:  All your friends are laughing behind your back... kill
them.  Take down all those naked pictures of Ernest Borgnine you've got
hanging in your den.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_