Re: [SLUG] music without guilt

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 19:28:45 EDT

Think of it in terms of an MP3. Telephone voice quality is 8Kbps; FM radio
is roughly equivalent to 22KHz, 56Kbps; CDs are 16-bit (24-bit for HDCDs)
44KHz, 128Kbps, whereas DVD AC3 audio is 16 or 24-bit, 48KHz, 224Kbps.

The audio format used in VideoCDs is also slightly different from CD
quality.

SWB