[SLUG] Us and Them

From: J. David Boyd (jdboyd@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 18:24:43 EDT

DISCLAIMER: I'm not sure I feel this way, but it IS the mood I am in right
now...

I'm often reminded of the Pink Floyd song "Us and Them".

I have several friends who are (or are striving to be) profession musicians.
They hated Napster with a passion. I should say with a PASSION.

They would swear and curse for hours at the moral ineptitude of anyone that
would DARE to download music without paying for it.

But, if you looked at their computers, good luck finding one application that
was actually payed for! Everything was just given to each other, because
"those rich &$#@%" have enough money already".

I don't steal music, and I don't copy software.

I mean, c'mon, you KNOW what is right. Have you paid money for that music?
Then chances are you are ripping it off.

I don't have any personal preferences as to what you do, everyone has to
decide their own morality for themselves. But, please, don't try to justify
it here.

Dave

--
Gnu/Mandrake Linux User