Re: [SLUG] MS Product settlement?

From: Maureen L. Thomas (res1ydl9@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 02:34:16 EDT

Andrew M Hoerter wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Russ Wright wrote:
>

>>I recieved the following email plus a letter in the mail about the same
>>thing... Anyone else get this stuff?
>>

>Me too (although I didn't get a snail mail copy).

>This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
>Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
>posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
>official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.

Yes, I got a copy of it. I also sent for the papers to file against
them. Basically it states that you can get up to $12.00 in vouchers (to
be used for other software by Dec 31, 2007). Or you can send a letter
to the Judge in Miami Dade as to what you think would be a fair
settlement. I will be doing a letter to the Judge. I really don't
consider a $12.00 voucher enough for all the BS I have had to deal with
in the past with MS. Maybe if enough letters get sent out they will
change the settlement to cash. That would hurt more and I could help
Linux more with that same cash. What do ya'll think about this ?