Re: [SLUG] Any mom&pop computer joints in Tampa area?

From: bpreece1 (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 02:53:47 EDT

Yes Brain Dead was started by a guy named lee.
He had counterfit parts and software. Was busted a few times then he landed
a huge usf contract when busted last time he left back to cuba.
Then he has returned and operates again. Also one of his workers Kurti
started an bussiness called Comp U America .hhh original there huh?
He two was busted how ever he did something same as Lee they haed employees
fill out 1099's and then turned them in as a regualar 1040.
Can you say illegal Taxes.

There has been tons of shady computer stores.
Comp U America, BCD, Computer Corner, Computer Mark, Micro Age, Computer
Rennisance, and tons of others.
There was a little shop on Florida called Keiths mostly prehistoric stuff.
Further up was B & D Typewriters and Computers the pc he sold me was junk.
Then he did not want to fix or replace it. Of course these were around when
BBS'es were the in thing.

Then there was MB's computer ware house at first you had to be a bussiness
to buy from them until towards the very end.
Then they changed after Thompsons around the corner form them kicked them
all over the place. How ever Mb's was open on Saturdays.
Thompsons should at least be half a day as well they would do more
bussiness.

Georges was a good one.

There is one other on the Corner of 301 and 60 across from Brandon Ford in
the little strip mall they are reasonable have been very well priced with
stuff how ever a little slow getting stuff. Mega Micro depends on mood of
the person at the store you deal with. Then Micro-Star I dont know how Ray
has lasted with that place. He use to be ok a long time ago. Now he has a
serious attitude and wants a mint for out-dated stuff. www.micro-star.com

Later