[SLUG] redhat to debian and mysql

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 14:39:53 EDT

I had to reinstall my old Redhat 7.1 server and
decided to go with debian. I backed up all my files
before preceding with the install. And now I'm running
into some difference which I'm hoping I can over come.
One of which is the RedHat vs Debain apache install
(config files are in different places. I think I've
solved that one) But the one I can't figure out is the
mysql. I installed mysql using apt-get and now would
like to restore my database bases which I have a copy
of from the redhat server "/var/lib/mysql/bookmarks4u"
I tried to copy it to the debian install to
/var/lib/mysql/bookmarks4u but I can't seem to get
mysql to read it. What am I missing?

Thanks
Mike M.
P.S. Has anyone seen a doc on converting from Redhat
to Debain? It's not a streight forward has I had
hoped.

=====