Re: [SLUG] SCO ready to clean out Linux users for $1399 per CPU

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 21:03:53 EDT

If ever we needed proof of the missing link
hypothesis... need look no further than SCO's
management.

They just don't seem to get it.

Let's say worse case senario.... maybe, however
unlikely, there is code that was submitted to the
Linux code base that was claimed as IP by SCO that SCO
themselves hadn't released under the GPL license. We,
the linux community, have already said a dozen times
that we are always willing to cooperate... simply tell
us what the offending code is, and offer proof of
ownership and WE will remove the code and go on with
our lives. I'm paraphrasing here from what I've read
of Linus' responses and others in the Linux community,
but the sentiment is the same. Apparently, SCO is
both Deaf, Bumb and Blind.. so what conclusion to
draw. As many others have said... there doesn't seem
to be one. So, I think the whole purpose is simply to
make waves and to try to slander the Linux OS and
community... small wonder that WE know of another
company that has the same goal... and incidentally,
has invested in SCO.

SCO management really should wake up and realize that
after they have played the Ho to MS, that MS will not
respect them in the morning.. and certainly will not
call them back. But if they are real good, maybe MS
will buy them and fire the management. After all, why
would they want a management team willing to take
these kinds of risks, working for MS after everything
is said and done.

As for the best case senario... We ignore them and
they slowly fade in mist with their own self
destructed reputations.

Well, you asked what I thought, right :)

--- Frank Roberts - SOTL <sotl155360@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> Hi All
>
> What do you think?

> This list is provided as an unmoderated internet
> service by Networked
> Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions
> expressed in messages
> posted are those of the author and do not
> necessarily reflect the
> official policy or position of NKS or any of its
employees.