Re: [SLUG] Uninstalling Mozilla

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 00:12:08 EDT

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 08:57, Eben King wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Bob Stia wrote:
> > Am I going to have to delete the gazillion files manually. There
> > is an install log which shows everything, but like I said, there
> > must be a gazillion files there.
>
> Create a sed/grep/awk/whatever expression that just prints the file
> names. Pipe that through "xargs rm -v". As in,
>
> grep ^/ install.log | xargs rm -v

Thanks to all of the Sluggers who replied:

Eben,
Wish I could do that kind of thing without screwing it up.
Not experienced with the command line enough, Slowly learning though.

Levi,
As per your suggestion, an installer does open giving lots of options,
but, not an uninstall.

Pace,
Yes the mozilla executable is in the /mozilla directory. Spent about an
hour reviewing the install log and everything SEEMS to be in there
except for the .mozilla in my /home/bob directory. I guess I will try
that and hope that it gets everything.

Seth,
Don't know how your web-based calendar got mixed into this thread, but
take a look here: http://www.calendars.net/

Thanks again guys.