[SLUG] Apache on Debian won't run php

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 10:04:38 EDT

I've searched google and tried a number of things such
as adding lines to the httpd.conf
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php3 .phtml
.php
</IfModule>
restared apache and I'm still getting the following
when I try to run a simple php script to check the php
settings.
The browser is returning:
The file "phpinfo.php" is of type
application/x-httpd-php, and mozilla firebird does not
know how to handle this file type.

And mozilla prompts me to download or open it. Also IE
want's to download the file.

I'm at a lose here. I had apache working with php on
redhat 7.1 but can't seem to get it to work Debian.
I am seeing the following in the error.log when I
start apache
[Thu Aug 7 10:04:35 2003] [error] (2)No such file or
directory: mod_mime_magic:
 can't read magic file /etc/apache/share/magic
I've tried to create a link to
/usr/share/misc/magic
but when apache is restarted it spits out a number of
error messages about invaild lines.

Thanks for any help with this
Mike M.

=====