Re: [SLUG] 8139too.o module

From: Timothy L. Jones (tim@timjones.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 19:40:49 EDT

I don't know what to tell you - This chipset has been rock solid for me.

I was a little confused when the name of the driver changed from rtl8139.o to
8139too.o (somewhere in the 2.4.x series), but that is the only speed bump I
have EVER had with 8139 cards.

In my experience, they're dirt cheap, and they work great. I have bought
dozens over the years under at least 3 or 4 different brand names, and have
always used Linux with them. I even have 2 or 3 spares at the moment.

tlj