Re: [SLUG] Filtering KMAIL email to Delete Without Using POP Filters

From: Steven Buehler (steven@sanctuaryweb.org)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 11:26:03 EDT

On Sunday 10 August 2003 8:51 am, you wrote:
> Don't use kmail to delete stuff before you can look at it. Its filters
> aren't that good. Occasionally I find SLUG mail or other desirable mail in
> the trash. I don't know why kmail thinks some of this fits the rules I've
> got set up, but it ends up there anyway.
>
> Russell

You can set up KMAIL to work with SpamAssassin to remove unwanted spam, but
you need a fairly fast system to do it or you'll be waiting a while for your
email.

You'd set up regular filters as follows:

If size < 250000 then pipe thru /usr/bin/spamassassin (or spamd if you have
spamc already running); continue processing later rules
If X-Spam-Status contains "Yes", route to Trash folder.

SWB