Re: [SLUG] mozilla tiny fonts

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 02:22:23 EDT

On Monday 11 August 2003 07:15, you wrote:
> you need to modify your userChrome.css file located in
> $HOME/.mozilla/default/<randomly generated directory name>/chrome. I
> attached my settings, but check out
> http://mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs
> and
> http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread/t-2878.html

Thanks Eric,

That did the trick,somewhat, after some real hassles with Mozilla.
I had tried modifying userChrome once beffore and it did not work.
After you told me to do it I decided it had to be right. I just
initially tried adding in the userChrome script and it didn't work,
Then I deleted .mozilla and rebuilding. That didn't work. Finally I
just deleted everything, Mozilla, .mozilla, .mcop. and everything in
/tmp. and reinstalled Mozilla. Added the userChrome.css file, and
SUCCESS! It finally worked.

But, even though I was able to increase the font size on most
things,including the menus,it showed the tiny fonts in the sub-menus,
IE: Preferences, and all other sub-menus in Composer. ( Have a couple
of WebPages I keep updated with Composer) Really frustrating. Just
can't see those 4mm fonts!! ( I am visualluy impaired- macular
degeneration) I really don't understand why it has to be such a
problem. Guess the developers are not thinking about these things.

Thanks for helping out and giving me the right answer. You have helped
me with most of the problem and the resolve to fight it out. Now, if I
can just get the rest of it !!

Bob S.