Re: [SLUG] Digital Rights Management (DRM) in the Linux kernel!?!

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 12:24:56 EDT

There may not be much of a choice given Windows' current dominance and the
fact that if you want to be able to read electronic materials or listen to
digital music, in the near future your player or reader will have to support
some kind of DRM.

If Linus is smart (and I assume he is), DRM support would be in the form of a
module that can be compiled into the kernel or not at the end-user's
discretion.

SWB

=====

Steven W. Buehler | swbuehler@yahoo.com