Re: [SLUG] Upgraded Evolution and Lost my Spell Checker

From: Steven Buehler (steven@sanctuaryweb.org)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 15:40:54 EDT

On Sunday 17 August 2003 3:18 pm, you wrote:
> A general note about RH and Ximian. They are not fully compatible. They
> each break the others implementation of Gnome. See installation notes from
> RH.

...especially if you attempt to install Ximian Desktop 2 over Red Hat ... it
will break Red Hat's Gnome (I had to reinstall Red Hat from scratch to bring
back Red Hat's Gnome).

I would also suggest that if you are using Red Carpet to upgrade your system
in Red Hat, that you do not use Red Hat's software.

SWB