Re: [SLUG] Debian I don't get it !

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 18:31:26 EDT

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 03:51:32AM -0700, Michael Manchester wrote:

<snip>

> I'm now leaning towards a reinstall again. If nothing
> else I'm getting practice in install Debian. But I
> can't figure out why my eth0 is not seen with the
> bf2.4 cd.

Any chance you can bring this to one of the meetings? I've never ever
had this much trouble getting Debian to install and run properly,
including all the software you mentioned. You are running dselect on
install, right? You are very carefully answering the questions it asks
you, right? I too have saved off and recopied config files to a Debian
upgrade, but I never had a problem making things work.

One other point. Don't mix apt-get and dselect unless you know what
you're doing. They don't play well together sometimes. Personally, I
think dselect is the best option. It's interactive, and lets you
immediately know what the dependency issues are, etc.