Re: [SLUG] Ideal Mom and Pop computer shop

From: Andrew M Hoerter (amh@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 02:17:23 EDT

On 18 Aug 2003, Thomas A. Ufer wrote:

> The previous thread about Mom and Pop Computer joints was very
> interesting. I'm curious, what would your thoughts be on the "ideal"
> place for your computer needs ?

The two most important things to me are a wide selection of inventory and
a liberal return policy. Of course, price is a factor as well, but I
would not expect a local retailer to match, say, EBay prices. Customer
service (in the form of somebody in the store to help me out) takes a back
seat to all those things,

Oh, and a location in a part of town where I don't feel the need to have a
Glock in the glovebox is always a plus (been to a few places in very scary
industrial parks).