Re: [SLUG] Solved (but not elegant)- Suse 8.2 and Evolution 1.4

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 21:19:58 EDT

With Suse 8.2, they've not done a lot to make the user experience
trouble-free. Anyway, if you have the evolution 1.4 RPM (from
http://www.usr-local-bin.org) because evolution 1.2 was butt-ugly, the
gtk2 font changes in gnome-control-center won't persist between
log-ins. For Suse's KDE, you need to add a symbolic link to
/opt/gnome2/bin/gnome-settings-daemon in KDE's Autostart folder.
Something like this: ln -s /opt/gnome2/bin/gnome-settings-daemon
$HOME/.kde/Autostart

This will let you resize your gtk2 fonts (Evolution and Mozilla) look
better. But then, for me, the gnome-settings-daemon would wipe out my
KDE desktop background and use it's own at autostart, so I installed
most of the Suse "Gnome System" with Yast and that cleared up the shit.
KDE and Gnome have to make it easier for eachother to work better
together. Ughhh, but it's fixed.