Re: [SLUG] Sarasota Meeting Canceled

From: Matt Miller (Matt.Miller@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 14:38:47 EDT

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 19:52, Eric Jahn wrote:
> Hey, since we've got a month to plan, could we generate some ideas on
> presentations? I am thinking about doing one on logging in and
> connecting to a Windows file servers from a linux box. I haven't
> attempted it yet, so if anyone knows exactly the steps involved, they
> could share with me some pointers.

A combination of winbind with samba and pam will do the trick. Check out
the samba source and docs for more info.
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#WINBIND

One question though, why would anyone on a Linux box want to connect to
Windows server? ;-)

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. -- Nietzsche