Re: [SLUG] Ideal Mom and Pop computer shop

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 11:14:34 EDT

> > That would be a definite bonus. The glovebox is not the place to keep
> > your Glock if you feel you need it for protection though. Just my
> > RKBAHO. ;-)
>
> Agreed, but it's the only legal method available to those without carry
> permits...

As one of the approx 275,000 Fla. carry permit holders, I can tell you
that there are about a dozen types of places that you CANNOT legally
carry; schools, federal buildings, bars are some of the obvious ones.
And you cannot carry concealed while in your automobile or other
vehicle. It's not as simple as one would think.

Not sure about computer stores. I think they are OK.

Still it is far better than the NY/Mass/WashDC model which ensures you
are defenseless when confronted with a perp who is carrying (illegally)

"It is easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission" (paraphrased)
--Adm. Grace Hopper, USN

"It is better to be tried by 12 than to be carried by 6" -- (unk.)

"Relativity eliminated the Newtonian illusion of absolute space and
time; quantum theory eliminated the Newtonian dream of a controllable
measurement process; and chaos eliminated the Laplacian
fantasy of deterministic predictability" --(unk.) (but he musta been
Smart!)