Re: [SLUG] Update - Compaq m700 Power Management

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 10:00:11 EDT

I think I've almost fixed. I added apmd to all runlevels, even "S"
whatever that is. With the m700, standby and suspend do exactly the
same thing as far as I can tell, except that suspend doesn't return from
suspend without a reboot. So I only use standby which powers down to
minimal, likewhat I'm used to suspend doing on other laptops. One last
thing: on return from standby (which works fine), it doesn't
automatically redetect the mouse. Is there a way to tell apm to do
this? Also, has anyone gotten KDE's profile manager to work the way
they wanted it to? Thanks!