Re: [SLUG] winswap as linux swap

From: savatage (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 00:28:10 EDT

You would have to use a fat16 formatted swap partition to use for both
Os'es.
How ever when you do this there is a problem with Windows working even more
sluggish.
Next you then have security issues as fat 16 can not be secured.
Also be advised that if you are using over 2 to 2.5 times your ram size for
swap you are actually not going to gain any
significant speed.

64 meg ram = 128 -160 meg swap
128 meg ram = 256 - 320 meg swap
256 meg ram = 512 - 640 meg swap etc.