[SLUG] [Fwd: Favorite IRC and Mailing Lists]

From: Norbert Cartagena (gnorb@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 19:29:41 EDT

Don't know if this got bounced, but I sent this last night.

Gnorb

attached mail follows:

Hey all;

Recently, I've been on the hunt for numerous sources of information
recently for a number of projects I've been playing around with and have
just realized the power of IRC, newsgroups, and mailing lists when it
comes to this. That made me think about the following: Other than our
marvelous SLUG list (and I can confidently say that, seeing as I
subscribe to a number of other lists and can safely say that this is one
of the best in almost any and all respects), what sources of information
do you guys go to for Open Source and Free Software related issues? From
mailing lists to newsgroups, IRC to carrier pigeons - whatever you can
mention will be what I'm looking for; This question is not limited to
Linux, so whatever floats your boat (from AbiWord to Zope development),
go for it, I'd like to know.

*Note that I'll gather all the answers offered and gather them on a list
which I'll publish back on this list for the benefit of others. I'm not
focusing on websites because there are already a number of other
websites which do this whole "to get more info on" thing, such as the
Documentation section at Linux.com.

Thanks a bunch;

Norb

P.S.
To whoever answered my MySQL and Apache reply, thank you. I lost your
mail, so I can't thank you personally, but thank you again. Your answer
pointed me in the direction that I needed.