Re: [SLUG] Microsoft websites / services / messenger - DOWN???

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 08:06:15 EDT

--- John Gould <johng3@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> MSN,com, microsoft.com both time out. Not just that, but I am having a
> lot of DNS issues lately too. Pings by IP were fine, but no name
> resolution. Thought it might have been my router, but I put the DNS
> servers into my network settings, and I am still having the problem.
> Something is definately wrong with RR lately.

Polk County had stability issues the last couple of weeks because the storms
were constantly taking out routers according to the Polk County help desk
(I'd be able to connect, but after about three minutes all traffic would
stop). That could very well be the issue in Hillsborough/bay area.

SWB

=====

Steven W. Buehler | swbuehler@yahoo.com
Web Site: http://www.sanctuaryweb.org