Re: [SLUG] Microsoft websites / services / messenger - DOWN???

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 08:01:57 EDT

On Tuesday 02 September 2003 20:02, Josh Tiner wrote:
> Sup all,
>
> This goes out to everyone out there - particularly Time Bright Warner
> House customers with the RR service. Is it just me, or is EVERYONE
> having trouble accessing MS related websites.
>
> I realize this is a linux list and all - but I use the MSN messenger
> service to talk to family and friends sometimes on this PC. I wonder if
> they got hax0red or something. Anyone got the scoop on this???
>
> -jtiner

Hi All

While I have no direct personal experience there have been a number of news
articles about MS services being up and down with MS running update off of a
linux system.
>From the articles it appears that the bugs are taking MS down too.
If that is true then it could not happen to a nicer group of people.

Also you may not have read the articles [yes plural] on almost all of the
orient throwing MS out.
Japan, Korea and China saying they were going to develop their on system.
South East, Central, & West Asia going Linux.