Re: [SLUG] Linux printing

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 23:39:44 EDT

I personally do it with a web browser by loading http://localhost:631,
but you can do it by command line with lpadmin. Here's a copy of my
/etc/cups/printers.conf file. I have an Epson 780 on the USB that I
occasionally plug into my Linux computer, a laser printer on a windows
98 machine, and an Epson 750 photo printer that is on a windows XP
machine. You also have to set up your /etc/printcap to use bsd
commands like lpr -Pepson750 filename. It can be something as simple
as (for my printers)

laser:
epson750:
epson780:

# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.19
# Written by cupsd on Fri Jul 18 00:35:40 2003
<Printer epson750>
Info Epson Photo 750
Location //HAPPY/epson750
DeviceURI smb://guest@HAPPY/epson750