Re: [SLUG] Linux printing

From: William Lindfors (kkohn@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 19:46:37 EDT

I tried using http://localhost:631 to no avail. It is pretty cool web
interface but I still can not print to my HP 810C printer that is connected
via USB to my Emachine that is running XP Home Edition. I ran the ESP CUPS
interface and went thru Internet printing protcol (HTTP) and Internet
printing protocol (IPP). Could not get it to work. What is the difference
between the two option? Anyway, here is an example of what I am typing in:
The version I am running is CUPS v1.1.18

For Device URL: http://collegelinux:80/192.168.1.103

Is the hostname in the example suppose to be my Linux laptop or my Emachine
that has the printer connected?

Is IPP suppose to be the IP address of the Emachine computer?

I have the printer shared out on my emachine so I should be able to print to
it from my linux laptop.

One last note. On the print test, it did not come up and say that the job
failed. Looks like it is hanging and just not getting thru. I've had the
print job get to 89% and just hang.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

William Lindfors
kkohn@tampabay.rr.com